Butterfly Network, Inc. is hiring a
Senior Director MEMS Technology
Palo Alto, CA
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era. The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As the Sr. Director of MEMS Technology, you will have the opportunity to develop the next generation of the world’s first ultrasound-on-chip platform. You will lead a talented team of engineers, both internal and external to Butterfly, through ambitious challenges in MEMS process, reliability, and device engineering--pushing the state of the art in MEMS technology at top tier foundries. You will manage joint development efforts with foundries and packaging partners from conception through mass production and end of life. You will be deeply involved in technical aspects of MEMS, semiconductor, and package engineering and leadership of a large organization with Butterfly.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Developing and executing the MEMS technology development roadmap for improved performance and enablement of new medical ultrasound applications.
- Leading multiple teams involved in MEMS process development, simulation, characterization, reliability engineering, and semiconductor operations.
- Managing the foundry interface at a technical, production, and business capacity.
- Developing and strengthening relationships with semiconductor foundries and consumer electronics suppliers and contract manufacturers to build and produce advanced semiconductor solutions.
- 10+ years in semiconductor engineering and operations.
- Deep expertise in MEMS device and process engineering.
- Strong background in reliability engineering, particularly semiconductor and MEMS reliability engineering.
- A track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with semiconductor foundries and consumer electronics suppliers and contract manufacturers to build and produce advanced semiconductor solutions.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Deep experience in Semiconductor Packaging
- Experience with electromechanical simulation
- Experience leading large engineering teams
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company.
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Butterfly Network requires as a condition of employment proof of vaccination for COVID-19 subject to accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs and/or disability.