Butterfly Network is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer - iOS
New York, NY
Senior Software Engineer - iOS
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era. The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
As a Senior iOS Engineer at Butterfly, you will be responsible for building native iOS apps that reinvent the ultrasound user experience for the mobile age. You’ll be a champion for constantly improving the software architecture and team processes. You’ll collaborate with product managers and designers to deliver elegant solutions to complex problems. You’ll work alongside the hardware, cloud, machine learning, control software, and imaging science teams to integrate cross-cutting features. You’ll even participate in user research sessions to get a firsthand view into how the product you build is being used in the real world.
About the Team: The Butterfly Software team shipped version 1.0 of our app in Fall of 2018 and won its first Apple Design Award one year later. Our team consists of engineers from leading companies such as Autodesk, Apple, Spotify, Uber and more. We strongly believe in transparency, open discussion and collaboration, and use these guiding principles to improve both our codebase and individual skill sets on a daily basis.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Working alongside product managers, designers, and clinical professionals to develop new medical imaging experiences.
- Producing high-quality, efficient, and well-tested modern Swift code.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Working on advanced technologies such as deep learning applications, telemedicine and integration with our cutting edge Butterfly iQ device.
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science / Engineering or related field.
- A track record of professional achievement and problem solving.
- 3+ years of iOS application development.
- A strong grasp of Swift and modern iOS design patterns.
- A passion for creating something meaningful.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Functional reactive programming (RxSwift/Combine).
- Experience with a variety of app architectures (MVVM, Composable Architecture).
- Graphics rendering and image processing (CoreImage, Metal).
- Interest in learning SwiftUI.
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Beautiful office in Burlington, MA
- OR Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- OR Beautiful office near the ocean-front in historic Guilford, Connecticut
- OR Beautiful office in the heart of Silicon Valley
- The ability to either work remotely or be based in one of our US offices in Burlington, MA; NYC, Palo Alto, or Guilford, CT
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company.
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Butterfly Network requires as a condition of employment proof of vaccination for COVID-19 subject to accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs and/or disability.
Share this kick-a$$ jobApply To This Job
Other Jobs at Butterfly Network
Software Engineering Manager
Backend Engineer - Cloud Team
Software Engineering Manager - Mobile