Barstool Sports is hiring a
Brand Manager - Sports
New York, NY
We are hiring Brand Managers to join the growing Barstool Sports Commerce team located in New York, NY. Brand Managers will focus on all aspects of driving the commerce vision, product assortment, and revenue target goals for specific Barstool Franchises. This Brand Manager will specialize in our top-tier sporting franchises. We need someone with a strong understanding of the Hockey & Golf verticals and the lifestyle surrounding each. This is an opportunity to join one of Barstool’s fastest-growing divisions and drive meaningful growth, creativity, and revenue for its brands.
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute the commerce vision and strategy for select Barstool franchises across our Direct & Retail business
- Achieve & surpass franchise revenue goals by revenue channel and execute on KPIs.
- Tracking brand performance across channels; highlighting any opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Develop & maintain relationships with talent; collaborate on new product ideas, coordinate approvals, and execute product launches.
- Coordinate new product initiatives with the product development team to bring the franchise vision to life
- Work with E-commerce and wholesale teams to identify new monetization opportunities.
- Work closely with the product development team to communicate necessary cost goals to achieve gross margin and retail targets.
- Identify and execute collaborations that align with the brand’s core audience & revenue goals.
- Establish and maintain a rolling 12-month calendar for all upcoming franchise tentpole events, product launches, and initiatives
- Liaise with the Commerce Strategic Analyst on short-term inventory needs, product performance trends, and 360 brand performance.
- Work with the data & commerce strategic analyst teams to inherently understand the core customer, their spending habits and illuminate selling opportunities.
- Work with Commerce Creative team to execute on the visual identity related to the store, the merchandise, and marketing efforts.
- Immerse yourself in the brands; consume and follow content and apply those learnings to new revenue opportunities.
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience in brand development in eCommerce or retail environment
- Deep understanding of the Hockey & Golf verticals and the lifestyles surrounding them
- Has an understanding of the product development lifecycle
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with many different personality types
- Highly motivated, self-starting individuals that are driven to surpass goals and KPIs
- Pulse on current and upcoming trends
- Experience using data to inform strategy
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; planning for the future while also seizing present-day opportunities
- Experience working with eCommerce platform / Shopify is a plus
- Strong understanding of Barstool Sports and our individual franchises.