Butterfly Network is hiring a
Software Engineering Manager - Mobile
Software Engineering Manager - Mobile
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era. The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Are the apps you’re developing changing the world and impacting the way medicine is practiced and care is delivered? Why not? Butterfly is looking for a Mobile Engineering Manager to join our Software community - and it could be you!
You will own and build solutions that allow users of all types to leverage ultrasound. With Butterfly, doctors, technicians, other medical staff and non-medical staff will be able to provide or enjoy better care and improve outcomes as a result of broad use and adoption of ultrasound. You and your team will design and build customer centric, intelligent solutions and experiences that enable a wide range of users (for example, highly trained care staff or untrained consumers in hospital, home, or veterinary settings) to become quickly proficient with ultrasound via simple to use Butterfly applications and devices. These solutions will be informed by an understanding of modern software architecture and distributed systems. Be part of an organization that takes pride in building great software and great teams.
About the Team: The Butterfly Software team shipped version 1.0 of our Android app in December of 2019, after winning an Apple Design Award earlier in the year for our iOS app that initially launched in October 2018. Our team consists of engineers from leading companies such as Autodesk, Apple, HTC, Spotify, Uber, and ZipRecruiter. We strongly believe in transparency, open discussion and collaboration, and use these guiding principles to improve both our codebase, processes, and individual skill sets on a daily basis.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical leadership, people management and growth for a team of software engineers that own and operate Butterfly’s mobile (Android and iOS) based software products and services.
- Partner and collaborate with cross functional teams and leaders in product, design, program management and operations
- Create a culture and working environment that encourages curiosity, collaboration, diversity and strives for excellence
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- 1+ years of experience in product development leadership roles managing software engineers.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and operating modern mobile and SaaS products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- A track record of owning and building solutions to achieve business outcomes.
- Able to deep dive and provide tactical and strategic leadership as situations demand.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a team player and builder, and a trusted partner to cross functional stakeholders and teams.
- Proven ability to attract, retain, and develop top engineering talent.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience working in medical device software or other highly regulated environments (IEC 62304)
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- The ability to either work remotely or be based in one of our US offices in Burlington, MA or New York City
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company.
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer. Regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Butterfly Network requires as a condition of employment proof of vaccination for COVID-19 subject to accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs and/or disability.