Penn Interactive is hiring a
Sr. Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis
Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and icasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) who will oversee our real-money gaming (RMG) and Social businesses as well as overhead cost centers. This role will work directly with the business owners and cross-functional teams to provide financial analysis and strategic planning as needed. The Senior Manager of FP&A will be responsible for updating and reviewing P&L forecasts, and annual budgets, assisting with long-range strategic planning, and analyzing key trends in the industry and their impact to our business. This is a great opportunity to join our organization on our exciting journey to provide the best iGaming experience in the industry!
Your daily responsibilities include
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective financial models and reports to support financial planning and analysis of assigned business units including revenues, expenses, headcount, capital expenditures, and other related areas as needed.
- Manage and update monthly and quarterly P&L forecast submissions; compare financial results to forecasted and budgeted results; provide succinct variance analysis to senior leadership as needed.
- Develop annual budget and long-range strategic planning models in collaboration with business partners.
- Contribute to the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly operating reports as needed.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and/or risk, and provide recommendations and financial support to make business decisions.
- Perform research and analysis of industry, peers, and competitors, including evaluating financial statements and operational results to deliver data-driven insights using recent trends.
- Develop and create senior leadership reporting and presentations on a frequent basis.
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders to manage concurrent deliverables and deadlines.
- Oversee and lead team, responsible for developing and coaching high-quality talent and upholding tenets of our culture.
- Perform additional business operations duties and tasks as required.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience in an FP&A role, involving the use of advanced financial analysis, critical thinking skills and management reporting in a scalable business.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience managing direct reports
- Experience with recurring revenue businesses, cohort analyses and CLTV metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality deliverables within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build/lead/coach high-performing employees
- Advanced analytical, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills:
- Ability to interpret complex data and synthesize into actionable insights
- Deliver quality, thought out work in an articulate manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to relate to all levels of management and direct reports.
- Positive attitude, intellectually curious and eager to make positive contributions to the team and business.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field of study.'
Position may require licensing in applicable states that PI operates. If so, you must qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
The primary office location for this position will be located in downtown Philadelphia or remote.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Position requires licensing in applicable states that PI operates, which is subject to change.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
This position is expected to have minimum travel requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments