Gipper is hiring a
Social Media Manager
Are You Ready?
As Gipper's Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating social media campaigns alongside the Director of Marketing & marketing team. You’ll play a key role in establishing Gipper as the most loved brand across our core audiences and elevating and celebrating the stories of our community.
More than 2,000 athletic teams and schools in nearly 50 states use Gipper to create branded, visual content for social media. You’ll work collaboratively with peers across Marketing, Product, Creative & CS to position Gipper as a thought leader in graphic design & social media management, while driving awareness, adoption and affinity across our fast growing user base.
- Publish content to our Gipper channels including YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and more
- Review content before it’s posted from proofreading and spell-checking to QCing video
- Utilize social listening tools to engage in customer and prospect conversations to help Sales & Marketing
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team across Gipper to align the content we post with the strategy in place
- Curate content schedule to be posted - including re-sharing of our customer’s social content
- Organize key reporting metrics around all Gipper social activity
- Strategize with the Director of Marketing, Product and Creative team
- Sweat the nitty, gritty details of everything we put out on social
- LOVE sports. You are passionate and knowledgeable about youth, high school & collegiate athletics
- You understand and can communicate in Gipper’s voice.
- Live, breathe, eat social media. You are constantly on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, and on the lookout for new, exciting platforms
- Organized with the ability to look beyond a schedule for this week. Working cross-functionally to understand and design a strategic posting calendar around all key events. i.e, launches, announcements, customer social profiles, etc.
- Detail-oriented. Amazing proofreader who always checks their work.
- Flexible in adapting to changing timelines and deliverables
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of-the box”
- Must be independent, self-motivated, success-driven, and willing to work within a team environment
Nice to Haves:
- Previous experience in athletics and or/ education
- Bonus for graphic design experience with Adobe Suite and video editing software like Premiere and After Effects
- At least 2+ years of professionally managing and posting on multiple social media accounts
Gipper is a marketing technology platform that makes graphic design incredibly easy for non-designers. Focused in education, Gipper enables schools to create professional content for social media - in seconds, on any device, and without needing any design experience. Serving thousands of athletic administrators, coaches, principals, school communications professionals, and more - Gipper empowers anyone at a school to create effective and compelling content for social media in just a few clicks. With access to a wide range of ready-made templates and seamless social media sharing, schools can create and share more content than ever, all while spending less time and money. In doing so, schools are able to better grow their brand, improve stakeholder communication, and create additional revenue opportunities.
We are a rapidly growing, VC-backed startup based in NYC, loved by thousands of partner schools from middle school to NCAA Division 1, and backed by TIA Ventures and an amazing network of angel investors with over 75+ years of experience investing and building high-growth tech startups from concept to IPO.
Why Join Gipper?
- Fast-growth, VC backed startup 🚀
- Positive TEAM environment 🤝
- Remote - work from anywhere📍
- Tons of ownership in individual roles - learn by DOING 📙
Gipper is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.