Flying Embers is hiring a
New York City Market Manager
New York, NY
Flying Embers is seeking a Market Manager who is hardworking and a highly motivated individual to oversee day to day sales and distribution across wholesalers and retailers in the 5 boroughs. The ideal candidate will have experience in the alcohol beverage industry with a focus on wholesaler relationships, retail execution, customer service, and field sales to continue building Flying Embers as the leader in the better-for-you alcohol space. The Market Manager will report up to their Regional Director of Sales.
- Daily wholesaler interactions with management and sales team to execute sales and distribution targets.
- Manage key account base for sales and distribution with a minimum performance standard of at least a 160 calls/month.
- Coordinate incentives and distribution drives
- Manage and execute Flying Embers national programming, chain mandates/authorizations, and display programs.
- Ensure proper merchandising of product and point of sale material in their market according to our brand standards.
- Conduct staff educations, beer tastings and other events as needed.
- Assist Regional Director manage orders and Inventory.
- Operate effectively within the brewery and budgetary guidelines.
- Utilize sales tools (VIP, KARMA, Nielsen, IRI, etc) effectively.
- Recap Weekly KARMA accomplishments and follow up needed to wholesaler(s)
- Coordinate with wholesaler(s) on Commitment Closure opportunities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of the 3-tier system
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Office
- Customer service oriented.
- Strong verbal/written commutation and computer skills, detail oriented
- Strong judgement, professional maturity, and responsible decision making.
- Team player with a strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Ability to demonstrate reliability and work in a fast-paced setting, ability to multitask.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of business-to-business sales experience required
- Previous experience in the alcohol business preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
Flying embers offers highly competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for company equity and relocation in addition to exceptional Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Regional Director of Sales
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Minimum Experience: 2-3 Years
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Tools & Equipment Used: Standard Office Equipment
Physical & Mental Requirements
Required to lift up to 55 pounds and maneuver 170 pounds routinely and repeatedly. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls. Regularly exposed to damp, wet environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position. Must be able to travel via car, airplane, or train.