Butterfly Network is hiring a
Mobile Engineering Manager
You will own and build solutions that allow users of all types to leverage ultrasound. With Butterfly, doctors, technicians, other medical staff and non-medical staff will be able to provide or enjoy better care and improve outcomes as a result of broad use and adoption of ultrasound. You and your team will design and build customer centric, intelligent solutions and experiences that enable a wide range of users (for example, highly trained care staff or untrained consumers in hospital, home, or veterinary settings) to become quickly proficient with ultrasound via simple to use Butterfly applications and devices. These solutions will be informed by an understanding of modern software architecture and distributed systems. Be part of an organization that takes pride in building great software and great teams.
About the Team: The Butterfly Software team shipped version 1.0 of our Android app in December of 2019, after winning an Apple Design Award earlier in the year for our iOS app that initially launched in October 2018. Our team consists of engineers from leading companies such as Autodesk, Apple, HTC, Spotify, Uber, and ZipRecruiter. We strongly believe in transparency, open discussion and collaboration, and use these guiding principles to improve both our codebase, processes, and individual skill sets on a daily basis.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical leadership, people management and growth for a team of software engineers that own and operate Butterfly’s mobile (Android and iOS) based software products and services.
- Partner and collaborate with cross functional teams and leaders in product, design, program management and operations
- Create a culture and working environment that encourages curiosity, collaboration, diversity and strives for excellence
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- 1+ years of experience in product development leadership roles managing software engineers.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and operating modern mobile and SaaS products and services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical experience.
- A track record of owning and building solutions to achieve business outcomes.
- Able to deep dive and provide tactical and strategic leadership as situations demand.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a team player and builder, and a trusted partner to cross functional stakeholders and teams.
- Proven ability to attract, retain, and develop top engineering talent.