Tropic is hiring a
New York, NY
Buying B2B software should be as easy as booking a flight. Tropic automates software purchasing for high-growth companies. We've saved millions of dollars for companies like Qualtrics, Vimeo, Intercom, Zapier, and Daily Harvest. We recently raised a $25M Series A and have been doubling in revenue every quarter since our inception. We need great people at every level to take Tropic it to the next level.
At the core of our solution is a mission critical service. The Commercial Executive is the face of Tropic in the field. If you’d like to develop expert negotiation skills and get a seat on a rocket ship with lots of mobility opportunities, this is the role for you. As a Commercial Executive, you will own strategic software purchases and renewals for our customers to ensure the best financial outcome on every contract. After a few months at Tropic, you’ll see hundreds of software negotiations and build an unrivaled toolkit. The ideal candidate is a top-performer hungry for a fast pace and a new challenge.
As a Commercial Executive, you will:
- Close deals on behalf of our clients to secure the tools they need at the best price
- Negotiate enterprise agreements directly with software vendors to maximize savings for our clients
- Work collaboratively with client leadership teams to align on their requirements
- Become an expert on a variety of software contract structures leveraging internal and external data
- Maintain operational excellence to thoroughly update our Clients on your progress to ensure high customer satisfaction
- Consistently refresh your negotiation abilities through self-guided and internal trainings
- Foster trust in both our Clients and the Vendors you interface with to ensure that the Tropic brand is held in a positive light throughout the industry
- Participate in all Tropic team-building activities and find ways to integrate your personality into our culture
- Get deals done!
- Top-performing mid-market account managers or account executives, procurement specialist/manager, or category manager at big box digital retailer
- At least one year of field experience in one of these roles
- Strong communication skills and high emotional intelligence
- Results-focused orientation
- Verifiable track record of high performance
- Desire to own and execute on projects with autonomy
- Expert project manager
- Someone who’s excited about building something
- Growth mindset