Kelly Services is hiring a
New York, NY
Seeking a motivated, innovative Interior Designers to support our design practices in New York. We’re looking for candidates with strong talent for developing, organizing and executing the conceptual design on a broad range design projects as well as utilizing creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives through project completion.
Key responsibilities, knowledge & skills include (but not limited to):
- Ability to complete drawings, documents, etc.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness; consistently share such knowledge with Teammates.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to carryout design intent.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations, life safety codes and ADA requirements.
- Knowledge of the construction process from bidding through construction administration, roles of consultants, contractors, construction schedules, phasing, inspections, etc.
- Proficient in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop and Revit
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite skills preferred
- Basic proficiency of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred
- Embrace specific steps to create, develop and promote a diverse workforce and to promote an inclusive environment
- Proficiency in Revit a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or related field
- 2+ years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience working in the field of Architecture/Interior Design