New York Islanders is hiring a
Account Executive, Inside Sales
Floral Park, NY
New York Islanders Hockey Club
A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We’ve won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we complete our world-class, state-of-the-art arena, reposition our brand in the Long Island and Metro New York markets, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
How to Make the Team
Our Inside Sales Account Executive embodies our culture of fanatical excellence and has the drive to become the MVP of our business operations team.
Get ready to dive into an 18-month intensive entry-level sales program where you’ll prospect and sell all ticket packages offered for the Islanders.
You’ll also have opportunities to show off your all-star skills on ad hoc projects, where you will identify target customers and drive sales to achieve departmental goals.
Show Us You Can
- Flex your cold-calling muscles by contacting area companies to make appointments and close sales on NYI Full Season, Half Season, Mini Plan and Group Ticket Packages
- Google your way towards new prospects within the New York metro area and generate referrals
- Beat individual monthly and annual goals set by your Sales Manager
- Represent the team at NYI home games and work on in-game selling of ticket plans or entertaining prospective clients
- Generate leads at special events and other networking opportunities in the area
- Light up the phones with 80-100 outbound calls daily
What Skills You’ll Use
- Flexibility: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Autonomy: Manage your own time, work independently, and prioritize tasks
- Collaboration: Liaise with cross-functional internal teams and establish positive relationships
- Accountability: Take ownership of your work
- Conflict Resolution: Show off your problem solving and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills
Where You’ll Go
You will primarily report to our Floral Park, NY office, along with:
- Attending home games and other events (events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
- Traveling on occasion with the possibility of air travel and/or an overnight stay (<5% travel)
What’s In It for You
- Gaining core sales experience for an iconic NHL® franchise
- Opportunities to earn sales incentive bonuses
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Paid time off
- A well-stocked pantry of healthy snacks and drinks
- Complimentary tickets for select home games
- Employee discount at New York Islanders Pro Shops
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Do you have sales experience?
- Do you have experience working in sports or entertainment?