Spikeball Inc. is hiring a
Sports Marketing Manager
The sport of roundnet is taking off all over the world. Spikeball’s leadership in the sport’s development is one of the biggest opportunities to market our products and stay close to our community. Currently, Spikeball’s revenue is generated from equipment sales, but we believe the Sport (our events, players, media) is a key part of our future. Our vision is to build the next great global sport. This where you come in!
As our new Sports Marketing Manager, you will lead awareness efforts around Spikeball’s Event Series, independent events, and the competitive sport as a whole. You’ll do this by sharing the stories of our competitive events, players, and community. You’ll grow our sport specific social channels, spotlight our top athletes, integrate our partners, and have so many people wanting to play in our tournaments that we need to cap attendance. In doing so, you’ll help shape what the future of the sport looks like – making sure we build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.
- Find scalable ways to create, promote, and professionalize content and coverage of the sport of roundnet (players, broadcasts, streams, events)
- Grow engagement on sport specific social media accounts
- Build and nurture partnerships to extend the reach of the sport
- Create and execute strategy to increase registrations at Spikeball Event Series and partner events (email marketing, social, ads, partnerships)
- Optimize onsite marketing opportunities at Spikeball Event Series
- Manage the execution of Spikeball Event Series related sponsorships
- Expand the diversity and inclusiveness of Spikeball Event Series (gender + race)
- Provide customer service on Spikeball Event Series related accounts
Who we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of relevant experience, in marketing, sales, or a related field
- Adept at social media and email marketing, proven experience growing communities online.
- Communicates powerfully, authentically, and on brand.
- Eye for design and copy. Willingness to roll up sleeves, learn new skills, and be self-reliant. Bonus Points for video/graphic design skills.
- Involved in the roundnet community. Willing to travel to tournaments.
- Super personable and friendly. People like chatting with you.
- Comfortable with taking the initiative and working autonomously.