Barstool Sports is hiring a
Director - GTM
New York City, NY
Barstool Sports is looking for a Go To Market Director to join our growing Integrated Marketing team. This individual will be working closely with the Marketing team to develop go-to-market strategies across all our content and franchises at varying revenue tiers that the Sales team will then use to pitch to potential clients. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing skills and can work cross-functionally with multiple departments across the company, including our Content teams.
This role will be highly impactful in connecting our current and future advertisers with Barstool fans at a high level.
What You'll Do
- The Director will work directly with senior sales leaders to develop custom marketing solutions for proactive pitches and key meetings. Their role will be to quarterback the strategy and development of each pitch, coming to the table with insights and ideas to shape the overall direction and development of the narrative.
- They will be responsible for crafting clear, concise, best-in-class proposals that leverage data, insights, and custom ad solutions to position the Barstool’s content and platforms to deliver on clients’ marketing objectives.
- They should be well-versed in creative solutions and should always look to push the envelope.
- They will lead packaging meetings, add value by bringing new ideas to the table, ask questions, and push innovation throughout the marketing process, from brainstorming and approvals to overall proposal writing and pitching to clients. They will partner with sales to ensure the delivery of best-in-class work.
- They will develop sales marketing collateral such as sales sheets, new opportunity decks, category decks, content packaging, ad product positioning, case studies, etc., as needed -- playing an active role from beginning to end.
- Daily, they will work closely with counterparts within the organization, including, but not limited to: brand studio, sales, research, activation, design to gather information, approvals, mocks, and details to build strategic presentations.
- They may support Director/VP and other senior leaders with additional requests as needed.
What You Have
- 10+ years media or integrated marketing experience at a media company, agency, or brand with an emphasis on custom marketing solutions. Strong media background is a MUST.
- Love the pitch process and ideating; love developing narratives to support a concept; excited by the prospect of solving a brand’s marketing needs
- Experience in working with multiple sales and pricing teams to develop go-to-market packaging to maximize sponsorship/revenue
- Proven experience managing a team with the ability to grow high potential employees
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills and a keen understanding of how to craft and evolve narratives.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and priorities independently while communicating and collaborating effectively with various stakeholders.
- Expertise in digital with a strong understanding of video, social, OTT, and emerging formats. Informed perspective on the overall media landscape, trends, consumption habits, and challenges.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and highly creative; creative problem solver
- Expertise in PowerPoint, strong understanding of Keynote and other Microsoft Office or presentation products.
- Strong aesthetic/design ability is a requirement.
- Intrinsic curiosity and interest in the News marketplace and cross-screen media consumption.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to internal tracking systems and procedures.
- Drive to create and innovate!