Barstool Sports is hiring a
New York, NY
Barstool Sports is hiring a Shopify Engineer for Barstool Sports located in New York City.
You will be expected to create and manage Shopify frontend features/improvements across our multiple storefronts. We are looking for someone with a UX background who is accustomed to working on Shopify Plus stores, with experience in HTML/CSS/JS, Liquid, and Shopify Scripts.
Additionally, we don’t just hire code monkeys. Everyone on the engineering team contributes to the product and vision of where we are taking Barstool. You should absolutely love what you do.
What You'll Do
- Head the delivery of complex and technical Shopify projects
- Create and edit custom Shopify themes that are scalable and maintainable
- Add custom e-commerce functionality using Shopify APIs (storefront, AJAX Cart, Sections, etc.) and building custom apps
- Improve website performance metrics and page speed performance
- Work closely with the data team to support required data tracking
- Stay up to date with the latest Shopify best practices and features
What You Have
- 2+ years of Shopify development experience
- Strong HTML/CSS/JS/jQuery proficiency
- Familiar with SEO/SEM best practices
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and responsive web design techniques
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Ability to work well with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills — you should be able to clearly articulate your decisions.
- Experience with Shopify Online Store 2.0 is a plus
- Experience with React and Next.js is a plus