Butterfly Network is hiring a
Backend Engineer - Cloud Team
New York, NY
Backend Engineer - Cloud Team
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are seeking an eager software engineer to develop our Core Service infrastructure, which will help scale out our existing platform as well as build a framework for Engineering to depend on. Core projects include (but are not limited to) global search, authentication and permissioning, and event driven logging. Join us in solving challenging, mission critical problems that will make our technology accessible to 40 million physicians and billions of people worldwide.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be to:
- Implement scalable microservices and APIs to support our mobile apps and web frontends, with careful attention to security and privacy
- Build modern solutions using the best technologies available, such as GraphQL, Flask and SQLAlchemy within our AWS hosted environment
- Build and integrate with third party tools, both Sales and Medical
- Collaborate with team members to ensure timely delivery of software
- Communicate with product managers to ensure scope of tasks
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- 1+ years of experience building modern backend systems, especially using Python, Node.js or Ruby and web app frameworks like Flask, Django or Rails to implement RESTful services
- SQL (especially modern versions of PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Ideally, you also have experience in these areas (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- GraphQL and related frameworks e.g. Relay, Apollo and URQL
- Containerization and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS
- Web apps with live updates - pub/sub solutions (such as Redis), WebSockets
- Distributed event streaming like Kafka or RMQ
- HIPAA, PHI and PII compliance
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- This role can be located at one of our beautiful offices in NYC, Palo Alto, or Burlington
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates.
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Butterfly Network requires, as a condition of employment, proof of vaccination for COVID-19 subject to accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs and/or disability.
Share this kick-a$$ jobApply To This Job
Other Jobs at Butterfly Network
Software Engineering Manager
Software Engineering Manager - Mobile