Penn Interactive is hiring a
Penn Interactive (PI) is a real-money interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia with offices in Cherry Hill, NJ and Las Vegas, NV. As the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S., we are poised for fast-paced growth in the sports betting and online casino space.
Do you love data? Are you looking for a place where you can use that data to directly impact business decisions for a mission-driven organization? The Analytics Lead role at Penn Interactive is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a passionate, fast growing team working together to drive the growth of the online and mobile gaming platform with a meaningful mission, collaborative and caring company culture, and inspiring values that we truly live out each and every day. As the Analytics Lead, you will engage with teams across Penn Interactive, Penn National Gaming, theScore, and Barstool, and their various departments and stakeholders to make sure all the reporting solution development requirements are well documented, fully understood and delivered per expectations. You will perform data mining, trend/predictive analysis and statistical analysis leading to decision support capabilities.
Your daily responsibilities include
- Lead and be the subject matter expert and thought leader in the areas of reporting, key metrics, strategy, and best practices by translating business needs and problems into BI solutions.
- Set and execute the strategy to provide analytical data access to stakeholders across the organization ensuring the efficacy of all related tools and processes. Partner with a variety of internal and external parties to solve business problems, provide strategic proactive insights, and improve user experience through analytics, and predictive modeling.
- Build an analytics team or analysts, data stewards, and engineers capable of supporting an omni-channel reporting vision, partnering with our corporate team to ensure key metrics and definition alignment, and the successful delivery of high-quality and actionable data, dashboards, analysis, and tools.
- Partner effectively with a myriad of external and internal departments such as Product, Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Engineering to develop and execute our analytic goals using our big data architecture to enable data driven decision making, ad-hoc analysis, and insight generation.
- Ensure that reporting and data solutions are tested and in line with business logic and data requirements, and meet a high standard of quality across lower level environments prior to production deployments.
- Perform rigorous analysis of large, complex data sets and provide strategic insights, hypotheses, and conclusions based upon findings.
- Assist with defining departmental standards, processes, and procedures. Document key processes and architecture of new solutions.
- Serve as an expert for data visualization tools.
- Provide information, including standard reporting packages, queries, and ad-hoc reporting, to various stakeholders in an appropriate form and frequency.
- Provide excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for team members’ and stakeholders’ needs and follow up to ensure those needs are met.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in data analysis and/or business intelligence.
- Five (5) years of direct management experience.
- Experience using structured strategic thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving and synthesizing ideas.
- Work closely with internal customers, the successful candidate will have excellent stakeholder management timeline management, as well as exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to communicate results to a business audience in a clear and concise way.
- Great people management skills, ability to recruit, develop and coach team members.
- Experience working with senior management, business leads and various functional teams to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent proficiency in using SQL for data querying.
- Experience with Tableau, Mode, and ThoughtSpot platforms or other visualization tools - an advantage.
- Experience with Redshift, Postgres, DBT, or Snowflake – an advantage.
- A scientific computing language (such as R or Python) – an advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Analytics, Computer or Data Science or a related field is required.
- Proven track record developing and managing advanced analytics capabilities.
- Ability to work productively with others in a highly collaborative manner.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments