Olde City Cheesesteaks & Brew is hiring a
New York, NY
Olde City, a new restaurant and bar concept is launching multiple locations in NYC! We are looking for bartenders to launch our first location. We are in search of energetic, enthusiastic, hard working individuals with a “team” mindset. As we build our brand in NYC we are looking for bartenders with a commitment to establish Olde City as the premier destination for authentic cheesesteaks and serious craft cocktails served in a customer friendly, sports bar environment.
As a Bartender at Olde City, you will be responsible for ensuring our customers receive the ultimate hospitality experience. This position requires someone who is sociable, approachable and thrives in a fast paced and team based atmosphere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enthusiastically greet all customers entering the restaurant and bar area.
- Offer friendly service to all customers.
- Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Guide customers through their Olde City experience by providing food menus, drink menus, seasonal offerings, and promotions when appropriate.
- Maintain updated knowledge of all product offerings (kitchen and bar), educate customers, and offer suggestions based on customer preferences.
- Make all cocktails according to Olde City standards, following house recipes.
- Resolve customer complaints and concerns in a pleasant and timely manner.
- Maintain the bar area according to the restaurant standards with regards to cleanliness, neatness and customer accessibility.
- Work as a team member to support other restaurant employees in their duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the management.
- High School Diploma or GED. A college or university degree is preferred.
- Two years of bartending experience in a full-service restaurant environment is also preferred.
- TIPS Certification.
- NYC Food Handlers license preferred, but not required.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and customers.
- English language proficiency is required.
Olde City offers its employees competitive wages, commuter benefits and dining discounts. We cultivate a unique company culture with opportunities for growth and advancement.
In accordance with the Order of the New York City Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require Covid-19 Vaccination in the Workplace, we are requiring all employees (including new hires) to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor and company management.
Olde City is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.