EverTrue is hiring a
Senior Software Engineer
Who we are:
EverTrue is the leading advancement software that supports fundraising efforts at educational institutions and non-profit organizations. EverTrue merged with ThankView in October 2021 in an effort led by Rubicon Technology Partners. We are a fun, smart, mission-driven team that is passionate about the work we do!
Our mission is to build relationships, inspire generosity, and improve lives. By connecting institutional data with dynamic insights from various integration partners, we provide education fundraising professionals with everything they need to engage alumni, raise support, and measure success. Today, hundreds of higher-education and K-12 institutions rely on EverTrue to better engage, identify, prioritize, and manage their fundraising prospects.
Our team strives to share knowledge, celebrate accomplishments, think creatively, and have fun along the way. We have two small headquarters in Boston and New York but are a remote-first company supporting employees in 30/50 states with at-home office set-up as well as access to WeWork office space wherever an employee resides.
EverTrue embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We value a team that brings a variety of backgrounds, viewpoints, and skills to the table. We promote autonomy, trust, respect, and passion and we believe that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be.
At EverTrue, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job posting. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
EverTrue is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We know that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees.
Who you are:
· Requirement: Experience with React
· Ability to complete solutions with limited guidance.
· Leading small to mid-sized development projects. This includes breaking down projects into tasks, writing technical designs, giving clear directions, support and mentorship to Level 1 and 2 engineers, writing test plans, and setting measurable goals.
· A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (e.g. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
· Comfort working in a highly agile, iterative software development process
· Experience with performance and optimization problems, particularly at large scale, and a demonstrated ability to diagnose and prevent these problems
· Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
· You’re passionate about good user experiences that prioritize the needs of users above all else
· You have the ability to say "No" and are willing to challenge others in a constructive way
· You’re a “big picture” thinker who can weigh the many tradeoffs of the design process
· Positive and solution-oriented mindset
· You love to solve difficult, challenging problems whose solutions have far-reaching effects
· You thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
· A passion for learning and mentoring
How you’ll contribute to the team:
EverTrue is hiring a Senior Software Engineer, which is an essential part of the business. They oversee the activities of the level 1 and 2 frontend engineers and work closely with the backend engineers. The Senior Frontend Engineer implements the user interface and engineers the experience of our application(s). The Senior Software Engineer also builds out patterns and abstractions to create efficiencies. In the execution of their duties, the Senior Software Engineer makes the most of frontend tools such as Angular, React, HTML, and CSS, and makes sure that the business’s sites/software are compatible with multiple browsers and multiple devices This role reports to the Director of Engineering.
What you’ll do:
· Working with scrum team to build intuitive features that align to the product roadmap
· Bringing technical expertise to the engineering team to inform UI & UX decisions
· Communicating technical constraints of a web application environment to engineers, designers and product owners
· Crafting code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
· Understanding and solving the challenges front-end developers face during implementation of user-facing product features
· Developing technical solutions that scale the front-end development efforts of the engineering team
· Contributing to ThankView’s in-house design system by creating production-ready, reusable UI components and supporting documentation
· Helping to identify areas of improvements in the code base, both specific to your group and outside your group (e.g. component library) and help contribute to make it better
· Providing material feedback on the work of front-end web developers
· Streamlining insight analysis with user-centered tools and processes
· Monitoring and improving the in-browser performance of ThankView’s web applications
· Own 1 or more functional spaces as a subject matter expert (SME) and help to train others in these areas.
Why you’ll love to join our team:
· We offer competitive compensation, health benefits and perks, and a fun remote environment.
· Generous one-time stipend for your at-home office and access to a WeWork location wherever you reside.
· We want to ensure that you are excited, happy and find fulfillment in your work.
· We have the smartest and most passionate team in the universe.
· Our mascot is a Unicorn.
Share this kick-a$$ jobApply To This Job
Other Jobs at EverTrue
Staff Software Engineer