EverTrue is hiring a
Staff Software Engineer
Who we are:
EverTrue is the leading advancement software that supports fundraising efforts at educational institutions and non-profit organizations. EverTrue merged with ThankView in October 2021 in an effort led by Rubicon Technology Partners. We are a fun, smart, mission-driven team that is passionate about the work we do!
Our mission is to build relationships, inspire generosity, and improve lives. By connecting institutional data with dynamic insights from various integration partners, we provide education fundraising professionals with everything they need to engage alumni, raise support, and measure success. Today, hundreds of higher-education and K-12 institutions rely on EverTrue to better engage, identify, prioritize, and manage their fundraising prospects.
Our team strives to share knowledge, celebrate accomplishments, think creatively, and have fun along the way. We have two small headquarters in Boston and New York but are a remote-first company supporting employees in 31/50 states with at-home office set-up as well as access to WeWork office space wherever an employee resides.
EverTrue embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We value a team that brings a variety of backgrounds, viewpoints, and skills to the table. We promote autonomy, trust, respect, and passion and we believe that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be.
At EverTrue, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job posting. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
EverTrue is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We know that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees.
Who you are:
You are an out-of-the-box thinker with a broad technical skill set, able to think about the system at a high level but excited to jump into the code and build solutions. You have excellent problem solving skills and can take software to the next level. You are an expert with Java and are comfortable working with or learning Ruby, PHP and other languages. Performance, scalability and security are the core of everything you do, and you keep up on industry trends and best practices.
How you’ll contribute to the team:
EverTrue is hiring a Staff Software Engineer to join our “Phoenix Team” that focuses on platform, infrastructure and operational engineering reporting into SVP, Engineering, Shelley Talbot. They will work with our Chief Architect, Dev Ops, and IT team members to implement solutions. They will also partner with product engineers across our teams to ensure our shared services and solutions are highly available, performant, secure and of high quality. This role will be a mix of thinking strategically about long term initiatives to build and scale new features, directly improving and updating existing services, and working as part of our security council to lead initiatives that improve our cybersecurity. As a Java expert, you’ll have the opportunity to train and coach backend Java engineers and help define best practices.
What you’ll do:
· Required: 8+ years Java and back-end software development experience
· Preferred: Experience with AWS, MySQL, Elastic Search
· Preferred: Experience with scripting languages (Ruby, PHP, Python)
· Write code to build and improve core systems such as Authentication, Import/Export, etc.
· Work on batch process and large data ingestion integrations with third parties
· Recommend solutions to solve complex problems
· Lead, drive and execute software upgrades and updates
· Partner with our Chief Architect to champion new technologies and drive technical improvements
· Take an active role on EverTrue’s security council and participate in research, analysis, and system updates to improve security
· Help keep the system healthy, supporting incidents and participating in an off-hours rotation
· Have fun, working with a talented and mission-oriented team
Why you’ll love to join our team:
· We offer competitive compensation, health benefits and perks, and a fun remote environment
· Generous one-time stipend for your at-home office and access to a WeWork location wherever you reside
· We want to ensure that you are excited, happy and find fulfillment in your work.
· We have the smartest and passionate team in the universe
· Our mascot is a Unicorn
Share this kick-a$$ jobApply To This Job
Other Jobs at EverTrue
Senior Software Engineer