Paxos is hiring a
Product Manager - Securities Settlement
New York, NY
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our Settlement Product Line, in building Paxos Settlement Service (PSS), for listed securities use cases. In this role you will help direct the product strategy and OKRs for our Settlement Squad. Your team will own the settlement service used for listed securities (initially, US Equities as part of our SEC regulated business) and the underlying ledger processing and custody systems that power our Paxos ledger for securities. In this role, you will be responsible for defining and driving execution of our roadmap to accelerate our growth.
PSS uses modern technology to make clearing and settlement cheaper, faster and more capital efficient. Our competition is run by a monopoly, built on code from the 1970s, has high cost to its participants and is slow to settle. PSS fixes these problems and in doing so, is fundamentally changing the US securities landscape today. The opportunity is tremendous - we are starting with the $50 trillion US equities market and aim to expand to other asset classes, such as fixed income, in the future.
This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced organization responsible for developing our industry-leading products. If you want to build industry-leading blockchain and crypto products that are transforming the financial system, then this is the role for you!
As a Product Manager you'll get to:
- Contribute to the growth of the Settlement Product Line by setting a clear product strategy and mobilizing a cross-functional team to achieve our OKRs
- Own end-to-end design, development, and rollout of software products for enterprise customers in the financial services industry
- Engage with our largest customers to understand and enable their blockchain adoption goals
- Lean on your leadership and communication skills to drive action across technical, commercial and regulatory stakeholders
- Contribute to the continued growth of our product team culture and processes
Your experience should include:
- 2+ years in a Product Management role, ideally at a B2B software company
- A track record of building scalable and performant transactional systems interacting with cutting edge and legacy technologies.
- Product knowledge in the clearing, custody, or brokerage industry.
- Working closely with commercial teams and customers through all stages of the product development lifecycle
You might also have:
- Technical-literacy (i.e. you can converse with engineers on API docs)
- Intellectual curiosity about new products, businesses and technologies
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
What you’ll love about Paxos: Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- T+1 and T+0 are Possible Today if the SEC Opens the Marketing to Competition
- Same-day Settlement: A misunderstood opportunity
- What Lehman Brothers, Gamestop and the Next Financial Crisis Have in Common
- Paxos CEO & Robinhood CEO discuss GameStop, the broken traditional financial infrastructure, and how blockchain technology may change the future of settlements.
- Blockchain Makes Inroads the Stock Market’s $1 Trillion Plumbing System
- BofA Joins Paxos Blockchain Stock-Settlement Network
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- BuiltIn NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.