Barstool Sports is hiring a
Senior Account Executive - Audio
New York, NY
The Senior Account Executive - Audio is responsible for incubating new partner relationships for Barstool Sports through high volume outbound prospecting and further developing existing agency relationships. This role is based out of our office in New York, NY.
What You'll Do
- Act as the lead on reaching out to prospective audio agencies working with Barstool Sports.
- Proactively conduct outbound prospecting and establish a practice for identifying new on-brand potential audio agency partners.
- Respond to inbound advertising RFP’s from current and potential agency partners
- Organize and execute kickoff calls with interested parties.
- Create curated media plans in response to brands’ individual business goals & define media KPIs and success indicators.
- Maintain client communications through campaign ideation and brand approval.
- Work internally with ad operations, sales, data, pricing & planning, and content teams to confirm the feasibility of media implementation on desired channels.
- Ensure all campaign elements are executed correctly and on time.
- Track real-time performance to maintain success indicators.
- Drive consistent success for clients who are testing introductory initiatives with Barstool
- Understand the full extent of Barstool Sports media portfolio offerings & inventory availability to guarantee the best possible activation recommendations.
- Proactively streamline and improve processes as necessary to maintain operational efficiencies.
What You Have
- 5+ years of experience in digital media sales, planning, or other high-volume sales channel with a track record of selling into audio ad agencies
- An extensive existing rolodex of client contacts
- Prior knowledge and understanding of Barstool Sports – we are looking for someone with a deep understanding and passion for the brand.
- Experience in building relationships and brand loyalty for diverse audiences
- Hands-on experience working directly with brands and audio agencies.
- A general understanding of the digital marketing landscape and cross-channel advertising products.
- Ability to organizationally handle a broad range of ever-changing clientele at different stages of the campaign process
- Experience with podcasts, social influencers, video integrations, and other forms of integrated marketing efforts is a must.
- Ability to understand nuances between internal content pillars and distribution channels.
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively identify solutions to advertisers’ unique business goals and KPIs.
- Excellent critical thinking skills to handle issues before they arise.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work well across teams with diverse stakeholders (product, marketing, content, technology, sales, executive, data).
- Excellent communication skills — you must be able to articulate your needs, questions, and solutions clearly.
Barstool Sports is a company that will drive the way media is created and consumed for years to come. Working at Barstool Sports means being part of a team that is solutions-oriented, celebrates creativity, and supports one another.
Joining means having access to competitive and valuable benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
-Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
-A 4% 401(k) employer match
-Unlimited vacation time, including Summer break in July and Holiday break in December
-Monthly employer contribution towards cell phone reimbursement
-Employee discount to the Barstool Sports store
-Financial wellness benefits through Origin
-A monthly stipend for UberEats
What We Value
-Rep the brand as best you can
-We have lots of different brains, be open to them
-Never change who you are, that's who we hired
-Find the solution, don't be the problem
-Don't be afraid to try something new
-Common Sense. Use it.
-Be there for your audience
-Always think about how you can help
Barstool Sports is for everyone. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Barstool Sports does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes. Barstool Sports will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement.