Barstool Sports is hiring a
People Operations Generalist
The People team at Barstool Sports is seeking a People Operations Generalist, to support a fast, nimble organization growing at an exponential pace. You’ll be integral to maintaining a high level of data integrity, manage the onboarding process, respond to day-to-day questions and concerns, organize our paperwork and ensure that all templates are up-to-date and accurate, and work on cultivating a data-driven People team. You will be instrumental in employee engagement and culture initiatives.
Candidates must be able to work on-site in our New York City headquarters.
What You'll Do
- Optimize and standardize People processes and programs by proactively identifying improvements to processes
- Maintain a high level of data integrity across all HR systems
- Provide immediate responses to resolve employee questions/requests and maintain documentation to develop People policies and practices further
- Partner with ADP for semi-monthly payroll processing of W2 and 1099 staff; review registers for accuracy; resolve tax discrepancies
- Serve as the focal point to all payroll and benefits-related matters and inquiries.
- Assist with our 401(k) plan nondiscrimination testing and plan audits
- Responsible for new hire onboarding, including processing new hire paperwork, entering into appropriate systems, etc.
- Responsible for owning HR administration, including, but not limited to, employment verifications, internal Talent contracts and renewal paperwork change management paperwork (such as increases, promotions, spot bonuses, etc.), and exit paperwork.
- Partner with Recruitment on application review and phone screening; work to establish an Internship Program alongside Talent Acquisition Manager
- Provide administrative support, including filing, scanning, and setting up meetings, conference rooms, etc.
- Partner with HR team for Employee Experience initiatives, driving culture, engagement, and retention efforts
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You Have
- 2+ years of relevant experience in People Operations
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong knowledge of Federal and State employment, payroll, and benefits laws and regulations.
- Experience with HRIS software (Zenefits & ADP WorkforceNow a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of employees
- Multi-jurisdictional experience with payroll processing and managing a dispersed workforce
Barstool Sports is a company that will drive the way media is created and consumed for years to come. Working at Barstool Sports means being part of a team that is solutions-oriented, celebrates creativity, and supports one another.
Joining means having access to competitive and valuable benefits and perks, including but not limited to:
-Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Benefits
-A 4% 401(k) employer match
-Unlimited vacation time, including Summer break in July and Holiday break in December
-Monthly employer contribution towards cell phone reimbursement
-Employee discount to the Barstool Sports store
-Financial wellness benefits through Origin
-A monthly stipend for UberEats
What We Value
-Rep the brand as best you can
-We have lots of different brains, be open to them
-Never change who you are, that's who we hired
-Find the solution, don't be the problem
-Don't be afraid to try something new
-Common Sense. Use it.
-Be there for your audience
-Always think about how you can help
Barstool Sports is for everyone. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Barstool Sports does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes. Barstool Sports will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement.